Friday, May 22, 2009

Arsty-Craftsy ME!

I guess it's no secret that my favorite place in the Bay Area was Chinatown. I LOVE me some Chinatown! I loved the ambiance, Chinatown Restaurant, the shopping, all of it! (Except for maybe the old man who played the weird instrument with two strings that sounded like a dying cat. No lie.) Besides my friends, obviously, Chinatown is the one thing about San Fran that I'm really going to miss. In three years, I made about 15 or more trips to the city just to shop in C-town. My jewelry collection rocks now, I have to tell ya.

Long story short, after three years of watching Andy, my favorite retailer, custom make my venetian glass necklaces right in front of me, I decided I can do that!!! So I found a wholesaler in China, ordered some materials, found some odds and ends locally, and presto! I made my first seven necklaces! I have tons more to make, so I'm not sure what to do with them all. I've thought about selling them and taking custom orders, and I'm sure I'll give some as gifts, but meanwhile, I'm having fun trying my hand at this. Let me know what you think!








No comments: