Sunday, April 5, 2009

Welcome to Candyland!!!

We are settling in nicely to our new hometown. Sugar Land (or Candyland, as we affectionately call it) has been an awesome place to live, so far! The town is cute as can be, the people are SO nice – I would expect nothing less from my beloved Texas – and there are lots of waterways, rivers, small lakes, and fountains that add a lot of beauty.

All the buildings in Sugar Land are uniform in appearance. They all have the same color brick and white lettering for their sign. Even fast food, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc. ALL use the same white lettering. At first it makes it difficult to find things because you can't look for familiar logos, but once you get used to it, it really makes the area look clean and upscale. I'll try and take a few pictures of that later. I snapped a few pictures of us in front of City Hall, so that will give you an idea of what the buildings all look like until I can post a picture of the uniformity.


This is one of the most beautiful sights in all of God's Country...

If you could see the bottom of the flag pole, it would look something like this...
Clearly, I am still frightened that I will wake up and this will all be a dream. I'm SO GLAD to be home!!!

No comments: