Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm Not Ready for This

Most of you know that we had John in Prince of Peace Lutheran School in California and I LOVED it. I was very sad to have to pull him out of Mrs. Garcia's class to move him to Texas. John had a bit of a traumatic start to his Kindergarten year, so rather than out him in another new school, I decided to home school him for the remaining 11 weeks. Mrs. Garcia was a wonderful help in making sure I had the necessary curriculum and lesson plans. I ended up enjoying watching John learn and spending the one on one time with him every day. He is a beautiful child inside and out with a heart of gold. I am so proud of him and the young man he is turning into.

This past Friday, we finished up his Kindergarten year and topped it off with our own award ceremony where I presented John with a Certificate of Completion of his Kindergarten year. He was very proud and is so excited to start first grade in the fall. I will not be homeschooling him next year, but I am grateful for the weeks we spent together and the gift that is my first born son.


1 comment:

Julie and Brian said...

I know this isn't the point of the post, but your hair looks good.