Monday, June 8, 2009

Soaking up the Galveston Sun

When I was younger we used to vacation on Galveston Island every summer. It was always a huge ordeal to load up the car, lug everything down to the beach, and then lug it all back to the beach house. Little did I know that I would one day live just shy of an hour from Galveston and our trips would become as simple as hopping in the car with our swimsuits. Amazing. Hurricane Ike did a number on Galveston and, sadly, there is much rebuilding still needed. However, I still love the island and I'm so grateful to be so close and enjoy it with my family. We took the kids on Sunday with my parents for some fun in the sun.















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so nice seeing pictures of your parents, they look like there doing well! Thank you for sharing those! Robin

Julie and Brian said...

Oh, good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take the one off where I definitely need to go on a diet and exercise the stove pipe legs!!! Couldn't you have found one less embarrassing? Mom